Message from Kim Blakebrough
This year I will be running the L&R300 postal league instead of Gill Brown.
The L&R 300 postal league is open to Juniors & Seniors from all Clubs affiliated to L&RCAA it is an inter-club team competition which is shot each month from October to March with the exception of December. (Scores from December and January are merged into 1 month)
The L&R 300 round consists of a dozen (12) arrows at three (3) different target faces (Portsmouth, WA18 & Worcester) arranged together on the same boss (see attached example), 3 dozen (36) arrows in total are shot. The maximum score achievable is 300, hence the name of the round.
When only 1 archer wishes to shoot the round, one side of the boss can be used as long as faces are placed at the appropriate position/height.
The suggested shooting pattern is 3 ends of 4 arrows. The round progresses quite quickly and can easily be accommodated within an evening session.
The round may be shot any number of times by an archer in the designated period and the best score entered.
You must score each round on the L&R300 Scoresheets only. These will be made available for both indoor and outdoor shooting.
‣ Two ends of 4 arrows may be shot as sighters.
‣ The round can only be shot once per session.
‣ 3 archers of any bow discipline will make up a team; the 3 best scorers in a month the ﬁrst team the next 3 the second team etc. Team members may vary from month to month.
‣ For compound archers the ‘inner 10 ring’ rule applies on the Portsmouth and WA18 faces.
‣ For compound archers the ‘X’ count should be recorded when shooting the 5 Spot Worcester.
‣ Medals will only be awarded to archers who have shot at least 3 out of the 5 months.
‣ Team medals will be issued to 3 archers only. To be decided by the number of months archers have appeared in the team during the season, scores will be taken into account if required.
‣ In the event of any dispute the Organiser is the sole decision maker.
‣ Results for each month will be displayed on the L&RCAA web site. There will be individual (for archers forming part of a team) and team leagues.
Individual medals for the highest placed Juniors & Seniors will be handed to Club Reps at the end of the competition.
There will also be medals for members of the top 3 placed Teams (Juniors & Seniors), dependent upon entries.
The Charlesworth Cup for the winning Junior Team & a Senior Cup donated by Melton Mowbray Archery Club for the winning Senior Team will be presented at the County Awards.
The dates that the scoresheets need to be in by for each designated period are below. Please be aware that in order to get them sent off on that date I will need them in at least the day before so I can input them into the spreadsheet.
If for any reason I am not available to hand your form to, you can send them to my email address below.
Designated Period Deadlines
October – in by 3rd November
November – in by 8th December
December/January – in by 9th February
February – in by 8th March
March – in by 5th April
You must get your scoresheets to me at least one day prior to the deadline date.